Many companies are using excel spreadsheets to track volunteering.
Anyone that has ever tried to track hundreds or thousands of employees this way knows all too well it’s shortcomings.
Leap makes this process simpler, faster and more accurate.
Here’s how it works.
1. Just click “Volunteer Hours” from any page on the site.
2. Complete the form. Each company using Leap can tailor the skills on this form in order to better track skills-based volunteering.
3. That’s it. All volunteering gets aggregated across the entire company in one place.
The system knows which employee is entering the data and their office location. This feature allows Country Heads and Office Managers to ensure they are tracking towards quarterly or annual goals.
Tip: To get employees logging hours when your platform launches, try offering an incentive.
- One large bank using Leap enters everyone who logs volunteer hours in a given month into a draw. The prize changes from month to month (such as an iPad).
- A recruitment firm had similar success through providing a bottle of champagne to 5 people who logged hours in a given month.
- At other companies the Internal Communications team uses this feature to easily find inspiring stories of employees making a difference in the community.